Welcome to Skulltag!
Remember Doom? Skulltag makes it even better.
Skulltag is a port for the original Doom and Doom II by id Software.
Skulltag brings classic Doom into the 21st century, maintaining the essence of what has made Doom great for so many years and, at the same time, adding new features to modernize it, creating a fresh, fun new experience.
Sadly, it is no longer being actively developed (you can read more about that here), but is still available for single player and archival purposes.
Nonetheless, here's why you should kill your time with Skulltag, versus vanilla Doom:
Latest version: 98d
November 7, 2010
- Excellent online play
- Client/server architecture: play and switch between games with ease
- Supports up to 32 players
- Wide array of gameplay modes
- Modern and beautiful
- Choose between GZDoom's OpenGL renderer, or Doom Software
- Useful features like a console, Quake-style key bindings, freelooking, and jumping
- Full, enthusiastic support for ZDoom and GZDoom mods
- Support for Heretic, Hexen, and Strife, as well as Linux/FreeBSD
- Innovative new content
- Announcers and skins for online play
- Runes, new weapons, and new monsters for modders
- 50 new, well designed stock maps for any game mode
- Bots, and support for custom bots
- So much more!